Emergency Contacts List
If you are in an emergency, in danger or you or someone close to you has seriously harmed themself, call triple zero (000) for emergency services.
If you are not in an emergency situation, but you need immediate help, call one of the following helplines that offer crisis support and counselling over the phone:
Kids Helpline 1800 551 800.
- - call for this free service for people having suicidal thoughts, family or friends affected by suicide and healthcare professionals treating suicidal people.
- - call for telephone support, information and referrals for men dealing with relationship issues, or visit their website.
- - call to find out about short-term counselling and support services for carers and their families in Victoria.
- - call for a free assessment and treatment service for Australian adults with anxiety or depression.
- - visit their website for resources, information, counselling and group support for people dealing with suicide.
- - visit their website for information on symptoms, treatment and prevention of bipolar disorder and depression.
- Headspace centers and services operate across Australia, in metro, regional and rural areas, supporting young Australians and their families to be mentally healthy and engaged in their communities online, in person or on the phone.
Visit your doctor
Enquire about a Mental Health Treatment Plan, you will be entitled to Medicare rebates for up to 20 individual psychological appointments per calendar year. This gives you access — subsidised by Medicare — to certain psychologists, occupational therapists and social workers.
You cannot get Medicare rebates for all the sessions in one go. After your first 6 appointments, you need to see your doctor again for a mental health plan review. They can then decide if you need a referral for further sessions.
James our Phycologist provides health care plan, and you can contact him on 0420433357 for an appointment. Your doctor may also provide you with a list in your local area.
Small Business Owners
Beyond Blue’s New Access for Small Business Owners is a guided self-help mental health coaching program.
It’s free, confidential and convenient. Available nationally by phone or video call, no GP referral is required.
Over 6 sessions, your mental health coach will work with you to manage stress and overwhelm using straightforward problem-solving approaches.
All mental health coaches are specially trained and have a small business background, so they understand your unique challenges.
Click Here to find out more : Beyondblue
"There is never a wrong time to seek help"
Making the decision to get help can be hard. You might feel uncomfortable asking for support or worry that your mental health isn’t ‘bad enough’ to bother a professional.
But, when it comes to mental health, there is no wrong time to ask for professional help.
If you’re not feeling like yourself, do not ‘wait to see if things get worse’ before seeking help." Queensland Health